Job title: Magazine Layout Designer
Employment type: Full Time, Part Time
The Epoch Times is seeking experienced graphic designer/editorial designer. The ideal candidate has experience in graphic design/magazine design, to work on the layout and design of our magazines. Applicants should be able to work well with editorial and other designers and organization. He/she must have excellent proficiency in the English language.
– Design, layout and production for magazines, as well as other miscellaneous print and digital pieces, working closely with Art Director to ensure design work is up to company and mainstream magazine standard.
– Maintain clean and efficient templates.
– Receive and provide critical feedback about work and projects you will be working on, while remaining professional, and composed.
– Coordinate editorial changes with content team; make layout adjustments with great attention to detail
– Remain well organized in a very fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
– Self-manage and hit deadlines, as well as be proactive to ensure projects are delivered ahead of schedule.
– Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or marketing and 2+ years of related experience;
– Excellent writing, editing, communication, organizational, presentation, and project-management skills;
– Advanced knowledge of Adobe Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and basic MS Office; Knowledge of prepress and export and prepare files for print.
– Ability to multitask, prioritize, and solve problems in a deadline-driven, collaborative environment.
Send your resume, a cover letter, portfolio (URLs and/or attachments, please include links to any relevant photo or videos samples) and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.