Seven-Year-Old Girl Helps Save Her Family From House Fire
Alexandria Cox, 7, was hailed as a hero after she helped save her family from a fire in their home on Grape Street in San Diego at about 2 p.m on Saturday, Feb. 3.
“She got up and looked and she saw a fire on the ground. Most little girls at seven years old would back up and get scared,” Kristian Giordano, a family friend, told Fox 5. “She went back and jumped the fire and then yelled for her grandma. She picked up the phone, called 911 and then her grandma came and grabbed the phone. Then she went and woke up her dad and then they got out of there screaming for Steve, and Steve barely made it out, honestly.”
Alex, her father, and grandmother were taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation. “They’re all going to recover,” Giordano said.
Firefighters subdued the fire by about 2:30 p.m.
Sadly, Alex lost her pet rabbit to the blaze.
She said she knew how to respond to the fire because firefighters just visited her school.