Dairy-Free Almond and Matcha Frappé
Almonds and matcha are a great combination in this refreshing frappé. Make sure you use a good-quality almond milk with no added sugar, and you’ll get a delicate sweetness from the almonds as well as the burst of matcha goodness.
- 3/4 cup (200 milliliters) almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 ice cubes, plus extra for serving
1. Add the almond milk, matcha powder, vanilla powder, and 2 ice cubes to a blender.
2. Blend until smooth, then pour over ice and serve immediately.
Matcha Coconut Teashake
You can make this super-simple teashake with any ice cream you fancy, but our favorite flavors are coconut, vanilla, or ginger. The coconut flakes on top make this even yummier. For the ultimate drink, use white chocolate sprinkles.
- 1/2 cup (100 milliliters) skim milk
- 2 to 3 scoops of good-quality coconut ice cream
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- Coconut milk, to thin the consistency, if desired
- Coconut flakes (optional)
1. Put the milk and ice cream in a blender and blend together.
2. Add the matcha powder and blend again.
3. Depending on how thick you like it, add more coconut milk and blend again until you reach the desired thickness.
4. Pour into a glass, sprinkle with coconut flakes if you wish, drink, and grin!
Excerpted from “The Book of Matcha” by Louise Cheadle and Nick Kilby. Published by Sterling Epicure, an imprint of Sterling Publishing, 2017. Photography by David Munns.