Job title: Travel Editor
Employment type: Full Time
The Epoch Times is seeking a stellar, experienced travel editor to shape and execute travel content strategy, manage day-to-day operations, work with staff and freelancers, and offer our general audience travel stories that inspire and inform.
Types of stories include destination guides, local profiles, deep-dive features, travel news, and tips for a general audience. According to the Epoch Times tag line “Truth and Tradition,” many stories touch on a variety of topics, such as history, culture, nature, arts, family, culinary, and others—in ways that showcase and awaken readers to the beauty, wonder, and depth of heritage and tradition.
– Work with our staff and network of freelance writers, with an eye to tapping insider knowledge and local expertise and sources—globally, and especially in the U.S.—to produce content for web and print.
– Brainstorm with, assign, and coach staff and freelancers, discerning and choosing the best format for the story.
– Source photos and collaborate with the design department to create a superior print product.
– Research, keep track of current and emerging consumer trends to craft relevant content that meet timely needs.
– Create and maintain editorial calendar.
– Monitor growth towards achieving an ambitious output.
– A minimum of five years experience in journalism, with at least two years’ experience editing travel.
– Outstanding writing and editing skills—you can make the mundane interesting and write irresistible headlines.
– Exceptional fact-checking skills
– Excellent attention to detail
– Proven self-starter, excellent organizational skills
– Superb leadership skills, including strategic thinking, problem-solving
– Excellent communication skills
– Excellent eye for the visual
– Ability to creatively and constructively collaborate across different departments
– A ton of travel experience
– Constant curiosity and an irrepressible love of travel, cultures, places, and people
– Passion for storytelling
– Enthusiasm for growing the Epoch Times brand
Send your resume, a cover letter, 2+ samples of your work (URLs and/or attachments, please include links to any relevant photo or videos samples) and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.