Job title: Reporter
Employment type: Full-time
The Epoch Times is seeking reporters to cover national and international beats. The ideal candidate should be grounded in ethical journalism, committed to seek out and develop sources within a given beat, able to fearlessly and tirelessly seek the truth and driven to produce the best reporting in the field.
– Produce original beat coverage for a national audience by conducting interviews, seeking out source documents, field reporting, analyzing reports, data, trends and other approaches.
– Follow major stories within a beat closely and be prepared, including through pre-writing, to rapidly cover major and breaking developments.
– Bring fresh ideas for coverage to the table on a daily basis.
– Develop a pipeline of feature stories to be reported and crafted over time.
– Travel to attend events and hearings, conduct on the ground reporting and interview sources.
– Take photographs. The company will provide equipment and, if necessary, training.
– Attend department training and seminars.
– Five years of experience as a professional reporter.
– Clear and concise writing following the AP Style Guide and the AP Guide to News Writing.
– Strong narrative skills for feature writing; ability to tell complex stories in an accessible and engaging format.
– Acumen for analyzing data, reports and trends.
Send your resume, a cover letter, 2+ samples of your work (URLs and/or attachments, please include links to any relevant photo or videos samples) and 3 references to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.