If you’ve been on Pinterest you’ve probably seen some tantalizing pictures of recipes made with impossibly healthy ingredients. Can it be true? Do those recipes taste as good as they look? Our team wanted to find out, so we tested out a recipe for chocolate chip cookies with the secret ingredient: the buttery and delicious super-food, avocado.
- ½ Cup avocado (approximately one avocado)
- ¾ Cup of your favorite sweetener
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or unsweetened to remove all sugar)
- Optional: ½ Cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 290 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
2. Remove avocado from skin and place in mixer. Mix on medium until slightly lumpy. Add sweetener and mix on high until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. In small bowl mix together baking soda, flour, and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients. Mix on medium until well combined. Add chocolate chips and pecans and mix till evenly combined.
4. Scoop one tablespoon of dough per cookie and place on cookie sheet one inch apart. If you want flatter cookies you can use the back of a spoon to flatten them out. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Makes 24 cookies!
Source: lifefitness.com/blog. Visit the Life Fitness blog for more health and fitness information.
*Image of “cookies” via Shutterstock