Job title: New York Reporter
Employment type: Full Time
The Epoch Times is seeking reporters to cover a range of beats in the New York metropolitan area.
– Produce original beat coverage for a national audience by conducting interviews, seeking out source documents, field reporting and analyzing reports, data and trends, among other approaches.
– Follow major stories within a beat closely and be prepared, including through pre-writing, to rapidly cover major and breaking developments.
– Bring fresh ideas for coverage to the table on a daily basis.
– Develop a pipeline of feature stories to be reported and crafted over time.
– Travel to attend events and hearings, conduct on the ground reporting and interview sources.
– Take photographs. The company will provide equipment and, if necessary, training.
– Attend department training and seminars
– Candidates should live in, be able to commute to or relocate within commuting range of New York City.
– Five years of experience as a professional reporter
– Clear and concise writing following the AP Style Guide and the AP Guide to News Writing
– Strong narrative skills for feature writing; ability to tell complex stories in an accessible and engaging format
– Acumen for analyzing data, reports and trends
Send your resume, a cover letter, 2+ samples of your work (URLs and/or attachments, please include links to any relevant photo or videos samples) and 3 references to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.