A Real Danger
We Face a Serious Threat as a Nation
- 1. This country is in trouble. 51% of voting age young Americans surveyed would prefer to live in either a socialist or communist society*.
- 2. America faces the serious prospect of becoming socialist within the next decade if this trend continues.
- 3. Six corporations control ninety percent of the news outlets in America. They’re not out to tell you the truth of what’s happening; they only present the picture of the world that they represent.
- 4. For decades, communist ideas have been shifting America away from the free society grounded in traditional values that our Founding Fathers created.
- 5. Communist ideology creates social turmoil, hatred, division, frustration, violence, and breaks down society’s moral foundation. These ideas have found their way into the government, schools, and other key institutions in the United States.
* YouGov Survey
The Best Defense
The Epoch Times Stands Firmly Against Subversion
- 1. The Epoch Times has the wisdom to expose the evil nature of communism and its infiltration into our media, schools, government, churches, and society.
- 2. The Epoch Times has the courage to expose fake news, to safeguard the values this country was founded on, and to report important stories not covered by other news outlets.
- 3. Built on the values of Truth and Tradition, and based on the virtue of compassion, The Epoch Times promotes long-established universal values that represent the best of humankind.
We’ve Been Fighting a Long Battle
Since our founding in 2000, the Chinese Communist Party, with its multi-billion dollar lobbying and overseas propaganda budget, has relentlessly tried to stop The Epoch Times. It’s not easy to stand up to the world’s biggest dictatorship, with the world’s largest propaganda and fake news operations, but we have managed to do so.
These are some of the many challenges we face:
1. Since we work tirelessly to expose the evil nature and deeds of communism, the Chinese Communist Party has threatened and intimidated our advertisers and ad agencies.
2. By bad-mouthing us at every opportunity, the Chinese regime makes it clear to U.S. companies with business ties to China that it would frown upon them working with us.
3. The Chinese regime has had its agents steal our newspapers, steal our newspaper boxes, vandalize our offices, and spread misinformation about us abroad. Inside China, the regime has jailed and tortured our journalists.
In 2006, Dr. Peter Li, Chief Technical Officer of The Epoch Times, was beaten, tied up, blindfolded with duct tape and robbed of two laptop computers by three Asian men who burst into his suburban Atlanta home with a gun and knife.
This Did Not Stop Us
Despite these challenges, with the support of our readers, we’ve continued to grow and even flourish. Now, we are switching to a reader-based business model, which uses subscriptions and donations.
By subscribing and/or donating you can help us expand, and effectively neutralize the Chinese Communist Party’s attacks.
The Epoch Times Contribution to Society
- Truthful reporting on the issues that matter, including the Trump administration’s work and achievements.
- Leading news coverage on the China Threat for the past 19 years.
- Exposing communist thought in our government, schools, universities, popular culture, media and etc.
- Reporting on the persecution of Falun Gong, including the state-sponsored forced organ harvesting in China—one of the most underreported atrocities of our time.
- Spreading the truth through Freegate secure anti-censorship software.
- Providing an acclaimed Mind & Body section, incorporating alternative and traditional wellness.
Call for Support
The Power of your Contribution
- 1. Publish truthful news.
- 2. Build a nonpartisan, independent media that stands outside of any political interests.
- 3. Research and expose the true nature of communism and its impact on our media, our schools, our government, our religious institutions, and our society as a whole.
- 4. Report stories within the United States and abroad that are rarely reported by other media outlets.
- 5. Safeguard a forum for discussion of traditional values and the traditional vision of journalism.
- 6. Inform schools, universities and other public institutions with our content.
What Your Contribution Achieves
— Introduce five high school or college students to The Epoch Times and its positive and values-based perspective for one month.
— Help 1,600 households test-drive The Epoch Times newspaper.
— Help fund the "How the Specter of Communism Is Ruling Our World" eBook so that it can be easily accessed by millions of people.
— Fund the research and production of our next big investigative feature, and promote The Epoch Times insights and perspectives that benefit millions of readers.
— Fund reaching an extra million people with an Epoch Times investigative journalism video.
Please help make a difference NOW
Truthful Reporting on the Trump Presidency
Our White House reporters cover the following aspects of the administration fairly—without spin or political motives:
- Plans and Strategies
- Traditional Values
- False claims against the Trump Presidency
We have championed a new method of investigative journalism, which graphically elevates rigorously sourced and compiled content with cutting-edge design. Our work, exposing corruption and subversion, has included investigations about:
Reporting on Live Organ Harvesting in China
Epoch Times first reported on live organ harvesting in China in 2006 and has continued since then to expose this unprecedented crime against inhumanity. More recently, several mainstream media, including CNN and global mail have also reported on this issue.
In 2013, The Epoch Times investigative series “The atrocity of forced, live organ harvesting in China” by reporter Matthew Robertson received the Sigma Delta Chi Award from the Society of Professional Journalists.
Rigorously Exposing Communism
The Epoch Times reports issues and events sidestepped by other media, but which crucially expose the threat that communism poses to humanity.
Falun Dafa is also known as Falun Gong, is a spiritual practice centered on the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance. Introduced to the public in 1992, the practice combines teachings for self-improvement with meditation exercises. Its popularity expanded rapidly due to the dramatic health benefits and improvement in moral standards that it brought to people.
In 1999, former Chinese leader and dictator, Jiang Zemin, launched the nation-wide persecution of Falun Gong. This incorporated a massive, hate-propaganda campaign which was launched through Chinese state media.
Across the world a ‘domino effect’ ensued, whereby U.S. and global newswires, as well as overseas Chinese media, echoed the communist regime’s lies globally.
The complex rationale behind the persecution can be broken into four elements: a paranoid dictator's fear of Falun Gong's meteoric growth and soaring popularity; that same dictator's intense jealousy of Falun Dafa's popularity; the inherent conflict between the communist regime's savage political ideology and its polar opposite - Falun Dafa's principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, Tolerance; and the modus operandi of communism: to designate a small segment of the population "class enemy" for it to "struggle" against, in order to divert attention from its misconduct.
Restore Virtue and Traditional Values to Society
This special edition talks a look at education and moral wisdom. It examines what happened when we shifted our emphasis from virtues to moral relativity—the notion that there is no objective right or wrong; how respect has disappeared from our classrooms; and the ways in which harmful communist concepts have infiltrated our institutions for higher education.
It also proposes ways to reinstate values and virtue in schools through teaching traditional art and music; examining the moral leaders and exemplars from history and literature; observing creeds and rules of conduct; and restoring family to its central role as a moral beacon.
More special editions to come on:
- Man and Women
- Arts and Culture ...
Conscience Over Profit: Organ Killings in China
Entrepreneur Jeffrey Van Middlebrook turned down $60 million in R&D funding from China after finding out the Chinese regime harvests organs from prisoners of conscience.
“Once I started reading these articles in your newspaper I decided I could not do business with China.”
What People Are Saying
“I really find the Epoch Times as a bright light in an otherwise pretty murky world of journalism. There's real attention to the beauty and the reality of beauty.”
“And so when Epoch Times does that on a daily basis, then that elevates society just like American Masters elevates art. So there is actually an interesting parallel there I would say. You know obviously American Masters on a tiny scale compared to a pretty large scale from Epoch times. But you know, I like the comparison.”
“And I think as a media company the Epoch Times can be part of a positive force for the culture and a positive force within this economic machine of capitalism to help elevate cultural products and ideas that are going to help heal society as you preserve the family.”
“It is not out of the realm possibility that 15, 20 years from now we are a socialist country, and I think Epoch Times has a huge role to play in making sure that we don't become that.”
“And so I don't think you can tell or I can tell The Epoch Times’ story without talking about its founding, about talking about brave people who believe in freedom and traditional values who fled after Tiananmen Square in 1989, who underwent really horrific personal experiences, persecution, torture, harassment, some of which still continues today.”
“Its goal is to tell the truth and not only about what's going on in China but… also acting as a bit of a warning, serving… kind of like Paul Revere saying that the British are coming but in this case maybe it's socialism is coming communism is coming and we have to be alert in a way to fight it because it's a fight happening right now everyday in our country and in many countries around the world.”
“I think the Epoch Times may have a lot of people who are just dedicated, passionate, tireless, defenders of human freedom and traditional values and are just united in what they're opposed to and they are united in what they are for. And I have just seen a lot of dedicated people who fight every day to put out a good product and educate people and tell the truth.”
A Grand Epoch by John Tang, CEO, The Epoch Times
A Brief Introduction to The Epoch Times
The Epoch Times was started in 2000 in Atlanta, Georgia, by Chinese-Americans who had fled Communist China. Their purpose was to bring truthful and uncensored news to Chinese people worldwide—people oppressed by lies, violence, and propaganda. The English edition of The Epoch Times was started in 2004 with the same objective.
In December 2000, a few months after we began publishing, 10 of our staff members in China were jailed and tortured. They were sentenced to prison terms ranging from 3 to 10 years. This forced us to work largely underground in China. Even so, The Epoch Times’ contributors continued to be targeted: One died in a Chinese prison in 2017 after 12 years in jail; another was released on February 13, 2018 after over 10 years in jail.
Despite these challenges, we’ve remained committed from the beginning to getting the truth out against considerable opposition—This determination will forever be part of The Epoch Times ethos.
In the face of extreme financial, physical and cyber attack from one of the world’s most tyrannical regimes, The Epoch Times has remained committed to honest and traditional, journalism in fulfilling its duty to inform the public.
We investigate issues overlooked, or avoided by other media outlets. We don't spin the news, push biased agendas, or create false narratives. We give the facts and the context to allow readers to make up their own minds.
Our reporting covers a wide range of topics, including national politics, holistic health, foreign affairs, traditional culture, immigration, and food and lifestyle.
We see the global cultural and moral destruction wrought by communism as a most overlooked story of the 21st century. So we take special care to expose this deadly ideology and the universal harm it has caused.
In all that we do, we make an earnest attempt to hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity. This is our promise to you.
Join in Restoring Virtue and Values to Society
The Epoch Times is published by The Epoch Times Association, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
The Epoch Times Association Inc.
Attn: Accounting Department
229 W 28th Street, FL 7
New York, NY 10001, USA