So, dust off your nice, medium-sized stock pot, and away we go!
- 1-2 TBSP (approximately) of butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 leek, thinly chopped (optional)
- 10 stalks celery, chopped medium fine
- 1 TBSP rye flour
- 1 quart homemade beef or chicken stock
- 1 pound Stilton cheese (or to taste)
- Generous amount of black pepper, to taste
- About ½ cup raw, organic milk
- Sea salt to taste
Note: You may substitute bleu cheese, but it’s not as creamy as the Stilton, and it’s somewhat sharper.
- Melt butter in pot.
- When pot is hot, add onion and leek. Stir well for about 5 min, or until slightly softened.
- Add celery, stir and sauté about 2 min, or until celery softens slightly.
- Sprinkle in rye flour, and stir in well.
- Pour in beef or chicken stock, and mix well.
- Simmer about 30 minutes.
- Stir in Stilton cheese until partially melted, leaving some small chunks.
- Mix in black pepper.
- Stir in raw milk.
- Adjust seasonings (salt & pepper) to taste.
For protein types, this soup would go well with a main protein dish. If you’re a mixed type, this soup pairs well with salad.
I know your family will really enjoy this lovely, aromatic, creamy soup.
*Image of “soup” via Shutterstock