Studies show that there are compounds in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli that fight cancer. How cool is that? However, as far as we know, these compounds are only present in raw cruciferous, not cooked. So, I chose to add these raw, frozen florets to my green smoothie. I can’t even taste them (I usually can’t stand the smell or taste of broccoli) and they actually thicken the overall smoothie.
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen or fresh pomegranate arils
- 4 cups raw kale
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon amla powder
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- ½ cup frozen raw broccoli florets
- juice of one lime
1. Combine hemp seeds and water in a high-speed blender and process on high for 15 seconds. Next, add the banana, frozen strawberries, and pomegranate arils and blend on high again. Lastly, add the greens, cocoa powder, amla powder, flax meal, ground chia seeds, broccoli, and lime juice and blend one last time until smooth. Serve immediately.