- 2 red peppers, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Aminos
- 3 cloves garlic, minced black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces wild-caught salmon (see note)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 cups mixed greens
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.Toss vegetables with vinegar, Braggs, garlic and black pepper and place on a large parchment-lined or lightly-oiled baking pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Cut salmon into 4 pieces. Season with garlic powder and black pepper. Place salmon, skin side down on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F until salmon is cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
Place mixed greens on serving plates. Top with roasted vegetables and salmon.
If you choose to occasionally include fish in your diet, choose wild-caught fish from non-polluted waters. Limit the serving size to 2 ounces per person.Baked Tofu Strips may be substituted for the salmon.
To prepare Baked Tofu Strips: Cut 1 pound of extra firm tofu into 1 inch strips. Place on a lightly-oiled baking dish and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, turning once, until yellow and firm on the outside and still tender inside.This article was originally published on JoelFuhrman.com