Today, I’ll show you how to make delicious, hot, raw, mulled apple cider. If you’ve never made apple cider before, it’s incredibly easy. All you have to do is juice some fresh, organic apples, and you’ve just made cider.
- 3 cups raw apple cider (or enough for 3 large mugs)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. whole cloves
- Zest of 1 fresh tangerine
- ½ tsp vanilla extract, or to taste
- 1 tsp. Pure Gold Raw Honey
- Pour cider into small pot.
- To make spice package: In a double-thickness, 8″ (approx) square of cheesecloth, place the cinnamon sticks, cloves and tangerine zest. Tie cheesecloth up into small bundle and place in cider.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add Pure Gold Raw Honey.
- Heat gently over very low heat for approximately 30-45 minutes. (Note: Avoid boiling the cider, as this can destroy valuable nutrients and enzymes).
- Taste and adjust seasonings. (You may add a bit more zest, vanilla or honey if you like)
Now, settle in with family and friends for a warm, enticing mug of mulled cider; a perfect treat for a cold winter’s evening.
*Image of “apple cider” via Shutterstock