Cauliflower With Romesco
Coliflor y Romesco
Courtesy of Chef Marc Vidal, Boqueria, NYC
4 pieces white cauliflower (2 ounces)
4 pieces yellow cauliflower (2 ounces)
4 pieces Romanesco (2 ounces)
1 filet anchovy, sliced (14 oz)
1 tablespoon romesco sauce (1 ounce)
Dusting of chickpea flour
Lemon juice (0.17 ounce)
1. Blanch all three cauliflowers in well-salted boiling water for 30 seconds and shock in well-salted ice water.
2. Heat up romesco in a small saute pan.
3. Dust cauliflowers in chickpea flour and fry for 30 seconds until golden.
4. Remove to sizzle tray lined with paper towel, season with salt and lemon juice.
5. Plate romesco in small terra cotta bowl, top with fried cauliflower, garnish with thin julienne of anchovy and flat leaf parsley.