We all want healthy lungs. Unfortunately, chemtrails, secondhand smoke, poor quality food, and aerosol contaminants (to name a few) create a greater risk of respiratory diseases. To make matters worse, many of the medications doctors prescribe for these respiratory problems have a number of unwanted side effects, including insomnia, nausea, and irritability.
The good news is that nature offers much safer (and effective) alternatives. Herbs, in particular, play a huge role in maintaining healthy lungs. Used correctly, they can provide great relief and support respiratory function.
5 Great Herbs to Improve Your Breathing Naturally
1. Osha root is indigenous to North America in the area of the Rocky Mountains and is long revered by Native people for its healing properties. The root of the osha plant appears to possess lung-strengthening capabilities.
Osha root contains camphor and other beneficial oils, which clear away mucous, improve blood flow to the lungs and increase your ability to take a deeper breath.
2. Lomatium is another traditional Native American medicinal herb. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties and has been used with great success by many suffering from allergies and other ailments affecting lung function. By the way, the Naturopathic Handbook of Herbal Formulas: A Practical and Concise Herb User’s Guide supports the use of lomatium for these purposes.
3. For generations, pleurisy root has been used for respiratory complaints by supporting the immune system. While we do not have many clinical studies on this plant, it has a long history of anecdotal evidence demonstrating its effectiveness.
Pleurisy root’s expectorant abilities are quite remarkable. It has an outstanding ability to clear mucous from the chest and lungs, which makes it easier to heal from a variety of respiratory ailments. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that help in these circumstances.
4. Licorice root is somewhat of a wonder herb in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) when it comes to treating respiratory diseases and promoting healthy lungs. With a long track record of success in TCM – dating back thousands of years – it also has expectorant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Licorice root soothes bronchial spasms and eases sore throats. It even has the noted ability to block the formation of lung cancer cells. In addition, it has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
5. Mullein is native to Europe and Asia but has been successfully grown in America since the time of European colonization. It was considered an important healing herb back then, and, according to the University of Michigan, studies support that tradition today.
Thanks to its unique chemical compounds, mullein supports healthy pulmonary function. It is also an excellent expectorant and soothes the mucous membranes when irritated. Its healing properties are known to be very powerful.
If you are looking for natural ways to support your respiratory function, try one or more of these excellent herbal supplements. While you should never quit taking your medication without the advice of a trusted medical professional, you may find these herbs help you feel a lot better and without adverse side effects.
Learn to trust the wisdom of plant intelligence and enjoy the various health-promoting benefits of medicinal herbs.
Republished from NaturalHealth365