A soup can be so satisfying, especially during those cooler months where you want to feel the coziness of a hot soup in your body. There is something to be said about creating your own, and the nourishment they can create in the process. Try this slightly different recipe, that can boost your omega 3 intake and your calcium.
The purpose of this soup is to combine animal protein and greens, to make a smooth and filling soup that is easy on your digestive system.
Filled with plenty of omega 3 and healthy fats, as well as Vitamin A, C, and K, this nourishing soup may be your most pleasant surprise of the week.
- Medium saucepan
- Large pot
- Good quality blender
- 1-2 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 2 tsp of dried dill
- 2 – 7 ounce cans of salmon (not farmed)
- 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
- In saucepan, sauté onions in coconut oil
- Add carrots and continue to sauté for a few minutes
- Add dill and small amount of water
- Put lid on saucepan and let simmer for 15 minutes
- Add kale and cook until tender
- Place it all in a blender, add salmon, and blend. Add water as necessary to make it go smoothly.
- Return to a large pot
- Add sea salt and simmer for 10 more minutes (soup should already be hot)
- Squeeze in lemon juice right before serving
- Enjoy at lunch or dinner.