President Donald Trump conveyed a message of unity and hope in his renomination acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention as he revisited the actions his administration has taken throughout his first presidential term and shared a bold vision of the future for America, calling on the nation to “make America greater than ever before.”
Addressing around 1,500 guests gathered at the White House’s South Lawn and those watching the convention’s live broadcast from afar on its final day, Trump praised the country’s greatness, through its history back to its foundation—faith in God and the pursuit of freedom.
“What united generations past was an unshakable confidence in America’s destiny, and an unbreakable faith in the American People. They knew that our country is blessed by God, and has a special purpose in this world,” Trump said.
“It is that conviction that inspired the formation of our union, our westward expansion, the abolition of slavery, the passage of civil rights, the space program, and the overthrow of fascism, tyranny, and communism.”
Reaching out to Americans of all political persuasions, the president said that the Republican Party “goes forward united, determined, and ready to welcome millions of Democrats, Independents, and anyone who believes in the greatness of America and the righteous heart of the American People.”
“In a new term as President, we will again build the greatest economy in history—quickly returning to full employment, soaring incomes, and record prosperity,” Trump said.
“We will defend America against all threats, and protect America against all dangers. We will lead America into new frontiers of ambition and discovery, and we will reach for new heights of national achievement. We will rekindle new faith in our values, new pride in our history, and a new spirit of unity that can only be realized through love for our country.”Trump recounted his various actions over the past four years of his presidency that comprise his “Make America Great Again” agenda and shared his vision, outlining a number of policy stances.
He denounced the actions of the radical left, telling Americans, “Always Remember: they are coming after me, because I am fighting for you.”
“This election will decide whether we will defend the American way of life, or whether we allow a radical movement to completely dismantle and destroy it,” he said.
‘I Kept My Promises’In his speech, the president said that his opponent, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, had “spent his entire career outsourcing the dreams of American Workers, offshoring their jobs, opening their borders, and sending their sons and daughters to fight in endless foreign wars.”
“Four years ago, I ran for president because I could not watch this betrayal of our country any longer,” Trump continued. “I could not sit by as career politicians let other countries take advantage of us on trade, borders, foreign policy, and national defense,” adding, “From the moment I left my former life behind—and a good life it was—I have done nothing but fight for you.”
“I did what our political establishment never expected and could never forgive, breaking the cardinal rule of Washington Politics—I kept my promises.”
The president acknowledged the devastation caused by the global CCP virus pandemic and assured that the country will “defeat the virus” and produce a vaccine before the end of the year. He went on to recount a lengthy list of actions his administration has initiated to mitigate the effects of the pandemic.
A statement from the Biden campaign released late Thursday accused the president of having sowed division in the nation and mismanaged the pandemic.
‘Make America Greater than Ever Before’Trump vowed to continue his America First agenda over the next four years should be be reelected, laying out a number of policy goals related to the economy, immigration, public safety and law enforcement, healthcare, religious freedom, and others.
He reiterated his pro-life and pro-school choice stance: “We proudly declare that all children, born and unborn, have a god-given right to life,” adding, “in a second term, I will expand charter schools and provide school choice to every family in America. And we will always treat our teachers with the tremendous respect they deserve.”
He acknowledged current anarchy and riots amid ongoing protests since the end of May and promised Americans he would work to ensure public safety. “As long as I am President, I will defend the absolute right of every American citizen to live in security, dignity, and peace,” he said, adding, “The Republican Party will remain the voice of the patriotic heroes who keep America Safe.”
Nearing the end of his speech, Trump proceeded to share his broader future plans.
“Over the next four years, we will make America into the Manufacturing Superpower of the World. We will expand Opportunity Zones, bring home our medical supply chains, and we will end our reliance on China once and for all,” he said.
- “We will continue to reduce taxes and regulations at levels not seen before.”
- “We will create 10 million jobs in the next 10 months.”
- “We will hire more police, increase penalties for assaults on law enforcement, and surge federal prosecutors into high-crime communities.”
- “We will ban deadly Sanctuary Cities, and ensure that federal healthcare is protected for American Citizens—not illegal aliens.”
- “We will have strong borders, strike down terrorists who threaten our people, and keep America out of endless and costly foreign wars.”
- “We will appoint prosecutors, judges, and justices who believe in enforcing the law—not their own political agenda.”
- “We will ensure equal justice for citizens of every race, religion, color and creed.”
- “We will uphold your religious liberty, and defend your Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.”
- “We will protect Medicare and Social Security.”
- “We will always, and very strongly, protect patients with pre-existing conditions, and that is a pledge from the entire Republican Party.”
- “We will end surprise medical billing, require price transparency, and further reduce the cost of prescription drugs and health insurance premiums.”
- “We will greatly expand energy development, continuing to remain number one in the world, and keep America Energy Independent.”
- “We will win the race to 5G, and build the world’s best cyber and missile defense.”
- “We will fully restore patriotic education to our schools, and always protect free speech on college campuses.”
- “We will launch a new age of American Ambition in Space. America will land the first woman on the moon—and the United States will be the first nation to plant its beautiful flag on Mars.”
“There has never been such a difference between two parties, or two individuals, in ideology, philosophy, or vision than there is right now,” Trump reiterated.
“Our opponents believe that America is a depraved nation. We want our sons and daughters to know the truth: America is the greatest and most exceptional nation in the history of the world!”