Happy people do things to increase their level of happiness, and these things are always worth revisiting around the holidays. Why now? Because these happiness habits can help us through the turbulence that swirls around the holidays.
8 Things That Lead To Holiday Happiness
1. Express Gratitude – Gratitude is an expression of appreciation. When you appreciate what you have, what you have appreciates in value.
2. Cultivate Optimism – People with winning attitudes create their own form of optimism. Optimistic people approach the world as a place packed with endless opportunities. This reserve can be especially useful during holiday stress.
3. Practice Acts of Kindness – Performing acts of kindness releases serotonin. Serotonin is a chemical in your brain that has huge health benefits. Being selfless and helping others makes us feel good.
4. Nurture Social Relationships – The happiest people have deep, meaningful relationships. Staying connected to friends during the holidays can ward off loneliness.
5. Develop Strategies for Coping – Bad stuff happens. It’s how you cope with stress that can provide a personal outcome of happiness.
6. Commit To Goals – Being wholeheartedly dedicated to creating a goal and following through with it is an incredibly strong force that makes us feel good.
7. Take Care of Your Body – This is almost a no-brainer. But, it can’t be discounted that physical energy affects emotional health, mental energy, and your brain.
Happy people do these 8 things. Do you?