Try this treat at home for an energy boost that tastes as fresh and bright as it looks.
Popular in India, lassi is a traditional yogurt-based drink that can be savoury or sweet. Executive Chef Alexander La Motte of Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, California, suggests adding almond milk and flaxseed for sustained energy. “If you really want the all-around perfect boost, a smoothie with fresh fruit, whole grain and protein-rich almonds makes a great midday pick-me-up,” he says.
Follow the recipe below to create your own energy-packed lassi smoothie at home.
- ½ cup (125 ml) non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen mango
- ½ cup (125 ml) almond milk
- Pinch sea salt
- ⅛ tsp (.5 ml) ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp (10 ml) agave nectar
- Mint sprig for garnish
1. In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend on high until frothy and smooth.
2. Pour into serving glass and garnish with mint sprig.
*Image of “mango smoothie” via Shutterstock.