Many people feel that hemp is the perfect plant with a wide variety of applications. It has been used in clothing, paper, building supplies, plastics, fuel, and even chemical clean up. However, besides all that, hemp is a high powered superfood with plenty of benefits that can help heal your body. It’s time to investigate the healing benefits of hemp.
Hemp Nutritional Profile
Hemp is one of the most nutritionally balanced foods on the planet. It has been used by ancient cultures since the beginning of recorded history, and has been used in China, India, Babylonia, Persia, Egypt, and other cultures in North and South America.
So what is it about hemp that makes it so nutritionally balanced? Check out the following profile:
- Contains all 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential amino acids our body can not produce, making it one of the very few plant based complete protein sources.
- Nature’s most abundant source of EFA’s (Essential Fatty Acids), with more than flax or any other nut or seed oil.
- A perfect 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3.
- Great source of omega-6 essential fat gamma linolenic acid (GLA).
- Rich source of phytonutrients, antioxidants, and plant sterols.
- Contains vitamin A, B, E, and D.
- Rich in calcium, iron, and dietary fiber.
In a world that seems to be fascinated with protein intake, while suffering from digestion problems and inflammation due to improper food choices, hemp would appear to be an excellent panacea for addressing those widespread health challenges.
Healing Action of Hemp
Due to its clean protein profile, perfect balance of omega-6 to omega-3, and its abundant phytonutrient, antioxidant, and plant sterol content, hemp can be used to achieve many healing and health benefits, including:
- Fortifying your immune system.
- Reduce blood cholesterol, prevents plaque build up in arteries, and reduces inflammation for optimal heart health.
- Help improve your memory, and prevents brain related diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Helps clear up skins disorders such as psoriasis, eczema, and dry skin.
- Helps induce weight loss due to it’s natural appetite suppressant effects.
- Helps keep your digestive tract healthy and clean, so eliminates problems like constipation and bloating.
- Helps prevent cancer due to plant sterols and antioxidants.
- Helps reduce risk of diabetes due to ability to control blood sugar levels.
Hemp is such a healing plant due to the fact that it strengthens the immune system, reduces inflammation, and provides a healthy balance of omega oils required for your body and brain to function optimally.
How to Use Hemp in Your Diet
Hemp has a very neutral taste, so it can be added to many things with no serious alteration in flavour. This makes it very versatile.
One easy way is to put it in your smoothie. It adds a complete vegan protein source, fiber, and balanced omega source with no negative taste impact like some superfoods can have in a smoothie. Simply add 2 or 3 tablespoons.
You can also sprinkle hemp into cereal, on salads, or put them in snacks and baking. It can also create a nice milk substitute, for those looking to avoid dairy.
No matter how you choose to use it, get the healing benefits of hemp into your body!