Sometimes the sweet taste of tropical fruit is all we can think about. Good news…this smoothie helps deliver that craving, with a shot of greens to slightly offset the sweetness and control the sugar rush. (Photo credit: Olga Eglite)
A great way to introduce yourself to green smoothies. You can barely taste the greens, so it’s perfect for skeptics and self-professed vegetable haters (who secretly want to incorporate them because the KNOW they are good for their health).
The greens are a great source of calcium, iron, and chlorophyll. The fresh fruit is loaded with antioxidants and fiber, so you can drink up and feel great about it!
- Good quality blender
- 2 cups spinach, washed well and drained
- 1 cup mango flesh, fresh or frozen
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 1 cup orange or mango juice (if you prefer, use less juice and add water instead)
- Blend all of the ingredients very well and serve immediately. Happiness!
- Anytime you desire a fruity tasting smoothie, while getting your greens!