A smoothie that tastes like an exotic beverage on a South Pacific beach? You got it. It’s time to have your morning smoothie take you to your favourite tropical paradise (without turning on the heater and fans, and unloading buckets of sand and umbrellas).
The purpose of this unreal smoothie recipe is to combine the healing benefits of coconut (in all its forms) with the slightly sweet, yet tart, antioxidant rich raspberry. The end result? A veritable array of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that tastes like a tropical cocktail. Plenty of vitamin C, healthy fats, and antibacterial qualities as well. An excellent smoothie for candida sufferers and those with compromised brain function.
- Good quality blender
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of coconut water (from a young coconut)
- 1 cup of coconut meat (from a young coconut)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 small avocado
- Stevia or low glycemic sugar to taste
- Add raspberries, coconut meat, and avocado and cover with coconut milk and water
- Add coconut oil and avocado
- Add stevia or sweetener
- Blend, taste, and adjust. For creamier, add more coconut meat or avocado.
- A great kickoff to your morning in paradise.
*Image of “smoothie” via Shutterstock