A simple lemon and olive oil dressing gives a bright sharpness to this easy celery salad. Apples provide a touch of sweetness, while creamy hazelnuts round it all out. The recipe comes together in less than 10 minutes and provides a great option for fall-inspired salads.
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 10 medium celery stalks, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 medium apple, cored and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Add the celery, apple, hazelnuts, and parsley to the bowl, and then gently toss them together until well-coated by the olive oil and lemon juice. Serve immediately or store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.