Coconut water and oil has abundant health benefits and can be used in just about every way. It’s good for hydration, weight loss, as a source of minerals and vitamins, and as a beauty product. And of course it taste great in cooking. To read more about the benefits of coconut see: 8 Reasons to Add Coconut to Your Diet
Now that you’re convinced, here are 5 simple ways to add coconut to your life.
1. Drink coconut water to stay hydrated before and after exercise.
2. Add to your favorite smoothies. You can use the water or flesh, or both together—this is my favourite way. I also like to sometimes just eat the flesh or add it to my morning porridge to keep me full longer. Yum!
3. Use virgin, cold pressed, organic coconut oil as a substitute for butter in baking, light frying, and delicious desserts, like chocolate macaroons.
2 cups organic shredded coconut
3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
½ cup virgin cold pressed organic coconut oil
¼ cup real maple syrup
Add dry ingredients to bowl. Melt coconut oil over low heat and add to bowl, add maple syrup. Mix and place spoonfuls onto a baking paper-lined tray. Freeze until set. Devour.
4. A daylong fast on coconut water will help cleanse your system, while still providing you with vitamins and minerals and keeping you hydrated. Don’t attempt a fast before seeking medical advice.
5. Beauty products. Try coconut oil as a natural alternative to face moisturizer and lip balm. It stays solid at room temperature and melts when you put it on your face. Some say it helps with acne, but just give it a try and see first. You can also add it to your hair for extra shine. Oh and don’t forget to use as a whole body moisturizer and light sun protection in the summertime.