These Fab Five Foods are Anti-inflammatory, Help Pain and Arthritis:
1. Ginger is a natural anti- inflammatory and can be used as tea or as seasoning for foods. Ginger is also great for digestive and gynecological problems.
2. Fresh Pineapple contains bromelain, which reduces inflammation.
3. Tart Cherries are being touted as an aid to reducing joint pain and inflammation.
4. Cold-Water Fish such as salmon and mackerel contain omega-3 fatty acids,Which help keep joints healthy as well as reduce pain and swelling. If you don’t like fish, consider supplementing your diet with fish oil capsules. Generally the brands that need to be refrigerated after opening are the best.
5. Turmeric is another natural anti-inflammatory. Look for an extract of whole turmeric, which can be used as a seasoning.
Jennifer Dubowsky, LAc, is a licensed acupuncturist with a practice in downtown Chicago, Illinois, since 2002. Dubowsky earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology from University of Illinois in Chicago and her Master of Science degree in Oriental Medicine from Southwest Acupuncture College in Boulder, Colorado. During her studies, she completed an internship at the Sino-Japanese Friendship Hospital in Beijing, China. Dubowsky has researched and written articles on Chinese medicine and has given talks on the topic. She maintains a popular blog about health and Chinese medicine at Acupuncture Blog Chicago. Adventures in Chinese Medicine is her first book. You can find her at www.tcm007.com.