In honor of Healthy Weight Week, we’ve rounded up our favorite ideas to help you maintain a healthy weight through exercise and nutrition. These tips are simple, realistic, and most importantly, can be incorporated into your life starting today. Ready?
1. Ditch diets. Diets are temporary and filled with rollercoaster ups and downs. Switch your mindset to making lifestyle changes. A lifestyle is permanent.
2. A friend, a co-worker, or a spouse, it doesn’t matter who. Just get yourself a fitness accountability partner.
3. Use your scale once a week to track your progress. Don’t use your scale as a body-shaming device.
4. They say variety is the spice of life and that holds true for workouts. Make each day at the gym different to stay motivated and avoid burnout.
5. Do something active with your family at least once a week. A snowball fight, a walk, or a dance-off. All these activities burn calories and instill healthy values into a younger generation.
6. Shop the perimeter of the grocery store in order to eat clean. You’ll end up with less packaged and boxed items without trying.
7. Be on portion control. Use measuring cups and spoons instead of hands and eyeballs to known exactly how much is going into your mouth.
8. If you’re not already strength training, add it into your routine. Muscle burns more calories than fat.
9. Drink more water. Tap water, sparkling water, fruit infused water. Take your pick and swig all day long.
10. Last but certainly not least, aim to stand up more than you sit down. Standing up at work or more often throughout the day is a sneaky way to burn extra calories and good for your overall health.
Source: lifefitness.com/blog. Visit the Life Fitness blog for more health and fitness information.
*Image of “man” via Shutterstock