Southern Potato Salad
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 dozen boiled eggs, diced
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add seasoned salt, followed by diced potatoes. Boil for 15–20 minutes, until they can be pierced easily with a fork.
Drain the potatoes in a colander. Place in a shallow pan and refrigerate for 20 minutes, until chilled.
Mix mayonnaise, relish, celery, red pepper, eggs, mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper until evenly combined.
Add the mayonnaise mixture to chilled potatoes. Mix until evenly combined.
Recipe courtesy of Quiaufa Royes