These light, and delicious cookies are perfect for a christmas party, or as a great christmas present for friends.
MAKES: approximately 30-40 pieces
- ¾ cup plus 2 tbsp (200 g) butter at room temperature
- 4 ½ tbsp (70 g) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 g) vanilla sugar
- ½ cup (110 g) almonds, ground
- 1 cup (240 g) flour
- 2 cups (500 g) icing sugar, second amount
- 2 vanilla beans
1. Place the butter, icing sugar, vanilla sugar, ground almonds and flour into a large bowl. Use a mixer to combine.
2. Remove dough from the mixer and knead it with your hands until all the ingredients come together.
3. Let the dough rest it in fridge for a minimum of 12 hours. Shape dough into crescents, using about 1 tbsp for each cookie.
4. Bake at 320°F (160°C) for 5 to 6 minutes. The cookies should be lightly golden around the edges.
5. Mix together icing sugar and vanilla beans.
6. Once the crescents have cooled but are still a little warm, remove the vanilla beans from the icing sugar. Dust the cookies with the vanilla icing sugar.