Whether you are grilling, frying, or baking your burger, this homemade recipe will be one you go to indefinitely. From a robust flavor to a beefy patty, you will realize how overrated fast food burgers really are.
2-3 lbs fresh extra lean ground beef
1 onion, quartered
1-2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp pimenta mouida (pepper paste)
1 ½ tsp sea salt
1 ½ tsp black pepper
3 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp parsley, fresh or dried
2 onions, sliced
2-3 tbsp hot sauce
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
11 oz spinach, washed
1 tsp garlic, minced (optional)
1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)
olive oil, sauté vegetables
8 burger buns
8 cheddar cheese, slices
1. Sautee sliced onions and mushrooms in separate pans over olive oil.
2. When onions become translucent add hot sauce and sauté for a couple of minutes. Set aside.
3. Drizzle a heated pan with olive oil; add garlic, pepper flakes, and spinach. Sauté until the spinach begins to wilt. Set aside.
4. In a processor, add onion, garlic, olive oil, parsley, pimenta mouida and blend until onion is finely chopped.
5. Add ground beef and blend for a couple of minutes. Open and add the spices (salt, black pepper, oregano, paprika, and parsley). Blend/pulse until well incorporated.
6. Preheat grill.
7. Remove the blade and bowl from the food processor. Scoop out handfuls of ground beef mixture and shape using a burger press or your hands.
8. Grill burgers for approximately 2-5 minutes on each side. Toast burger buns on the grill.
9. Assemble by stacking your burger in the following order: Bottom bun slice, patty, cheese, spinach, onion, mushroom, top bun slice.