Close your eyes, picture yourself enjoying a hot, humid and gorgeous sunny day outdoors. A nice cold glass of iced tea would definitely suffice to quench that thirst, and my goodness is this one ever for you. Give your classic Iced Tea recipe a spin by adding a refreshing fruity flavour. You will only thank me later.
1. Fill an ice cube tray half way with raspberries and pomegranate. Set aside.
2. In a small sauce pan, bring 1/2 cup of water and sugar to medium-high heat.
3. Stir the sugar until it has dissolved entirely. Remove from heat.
4. Mix the remaining cold water into the sugar mixture.
5. Add the sugar water to the ice cube tray, filling each section.
6. Place tray in the freezer overnight.
Iced Tea Ingredients:
2 litres water
5 bags Twinings Pomegranate & Raspberry Tea
1 bag Red Rose Orange Pekoe Tea
3-5 tbsp sugar; granulated, cane, Stevia or Splenda (adjust to taste)
1/4-1/2 pomegranate, seeded
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 lemon, sliced
1. Fill a large sauce pan with 2 litres of water and bring to a rapid boil. Remove from heat.
2. Steep tea bags in boiled water for appropriately 5 minutes. (To strengthen the flavour of the tea do not steep bags longer then 5 minutes, instead add another tea bag.)
3. Dissolve sugar by stirring it into the hot tea. Let it cool to room temperature.
4. Once tea has cooled, refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
5. Before serving, add fresh pomegranate, raspberries, and lemon to the pitcher.
6. Place a couple of ice cubes into each cup and pour iced tea overtop.