This recipe for Dessert Hummus is so easy to make, it literally just takes minutes to combine the ingredients in a food processor. If you were really desperate, you could even mix the ingredients in a bowl and use a fork to mash it together.
- 1½ cups medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cups canned cannellini beans
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon carob or cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon maca powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- Combine dates and water in a saucepan and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, or until the dates have softened and started to break apart. Remove from heat.
- If your dates are very soft, then you may not need to boil them. In this case, you can simply soak them in hot water for at least 30 minutes before adding them to the food processor.
- Combine beans, almond butter, carob powder, vanilla extract, non-dairy milk, maca powder, and cinnamon in a food processor. Add cooked of softened dates and water. Process ingredients until smooth, using a spatula to scrape down the sides. Serve at warm temperature or chilled.