Let’s take a break from pumpkins for a minute, shall we? These brownies are baked with a burst of rich flavors and perfect for the chilly fall weather. Paired, of course, with your favorite tea or coffee.
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
150 g dark chocolate, chopped
25g coconut oil, melted
100 ml maple syrup
2 TBS ground flax seed + 6 TBS water
100 g almonds flour
1/4 cup (30 g) cacao powder
2 TBS (21 g) espresso powder
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
Chopped nuts (optional)
Sliced figs (optional)
1. Boil the sweet potato cubes for around 10 minutes, until soft. Drain and mash until smooth, then set aside to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 325ºF (160ºC)
3. Mix the flax seed and water. Let it set for about 15 minutes.
4. Melt chopped chocolate in a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Take off the heat then stir the melted coconut oil and maple syrup into the chocolate.
5. Stir the chocolate mixture into the sweet potato, add the flax mixture, then fold in the almond flour, baking powder, cacao powder, salt and cinnamon.
6. Pour mixture into a square pan. Sprinkle chopped nuts and sliced figs, and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the brownie is crusted on the outside. Allow to cool, then cut into squares.
For more recipes: http://bit.ly/1fYjMmB