The speaker of the Iranian parliament has said the strait will remain closed until the United States submits to Tehran’s conditions.
A top Iranian official made the comments on Tuesday as a U.S. blockade of Iran continues.
Trump said the U.S. naval blockade remained in effect and the Strait of Hormuz remained open.
Syria said the strikes were a violation of its sovereignty, while Washington warned that further military action could undermine regional stability.
The U.S. envoy warned that failure to disarm would result in broad American support for Israel to ‘finish the job’ of eliminating Hamas in Gaza.
Trump said the increase in fuel prices was a relatively small cost for preventing Iran from having nuclear weapons.
A CSIS report had previously indicated the U.S. military had depleted a significant portion of its critical munition stockpiles.
The president confirmed direct backchannel talks with the IRGC while demanding that Tehran ‘put up the white flag of surrender.’
Washington is seeking to bridge differences between Israel and Hamas over implementation of a Trump-backed plan for lasting regional peace.
The pact combines Saudi Arabia’s oil wealth with Turkey’s vast armed forces and Pakistan’s nuclear capabilities.
Iranian Army Commander-in-Chief Major General Amir Hatami said the regime would pay double if a woman killed or captured a US soldier.
Trump’s Board of Peace envoy for Gaza and Kushner are scheduled to meet Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu on Aug. 17.
CENTCOM said multiple media outlets had published false reports about the Lincoln.
The Qatari government has denied the claims as ’misleading.’
The Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. has experienced a series of vessel attacks in the Strait of Hormuz this month.
The president said the takeover of the vital waterway would happen once U.S. forces defeat Iran.
The expected visit follows Netanyahu’s recent rejection of parts of the Board of Peace proposal.
After hostilities were followed by a weeks-long lull, the only certainty is there’s no certainty in when, how the strait will be safe, shipping experts say.
Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said the United States will pursue ‘economic isolation’ of Iran to increase pressure.
The secretary of war responded to allegations of rising suicide risks and faltering hygiene on the USS Lincoln as its deployment nears the nine-month mark.