The sharp bite of red wine vinegar gives balance to the earthy flavor of beans. Shallots, green onions, and fresh herbs bring a punch of brightness to this simple dish.
If you prefer to cook your own beans, substitute 3/4 cup dried kidney beans, soak them overnight in warm water with a pinch of baking soda, strain, and boil them in salted water until tender.
- 1 (13-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Allow the beans to marinate for at least 10 minutes, and then serve. Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.