Jalapeño Pimento CheeseThis recipe uses fresh jalapeños, which will give a little crunch to the cheese. If you prefer a perfectly soft pimento cheese, use canned or jarred jalapeños instead of fresh. For a smoky taste, substitute chipotle peppers.
Makes 3 cups
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 8 ounces extra sharp white Vermont cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 8 ounces sharp yellow cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 or 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 4-ounce jar pimentos, drained and finely diced
Scrape cheese mixture into a bowl and stir in the minced jalapeños and diced pimentos. Cover and chill for a few hours to allow flavors to blend.