What You Need to Do for a Successful Startup PresentationEven if novice entrepreneurs have a brilliant business idea, this does not mean they will receive funding. More than 500,000 companies are created annually in the United States, but less than 1,000 per year may be of interest to venture capitalists. Therefore, to allow your project to develop and increase profits, you must prepare for a meeting with potential investors.
1. Deep Market AnalysisMost investors want to finance a project that targets a large market to allow the business to scale. To do this, startup founders need to analyze how many potential customers the product has, how much they can pay, and how their number changes over time.
2. Drawing Up a Financial Business ModelAfter successfully analyzing the market and receiving up-to-date data, you must draw up a financial business model. Again, you need to approach this task carefully since the investor is primarily interested in this.
- Competitive field;
- Up-to-date market data;
- Niche trends;
- Realistic calculations.
3. Objective Assessment of the TeamThe startup’s profitability depends not only on its owners but also on employees who work within the company. So during the project presentation, do not forget to tell investors about your team’s expertise:
- Whether they have already participated in similar projects.
- What successes have they achieved in the past?
- Whether they demonstrate creativity and initiative at the moment and so on.
4. Following Digital TechnologiesIf you have decided to launch your business in 2022, then you are probably aware of the crisis. Due to the pandemic, almost all companies had to go online to avoid losing consumers. Since the decision to digitize had to be made in the shortest possible period, business owners did not have time to test their ideas and lost a lot of resources. The specialists found a solution that helps entrepreneurs try their concept in practice, attract a potential audience and show the product to investors.
- Correctly identify the target audience;
- Check the functions that are in doubt;
- Show gaps in development;
- Mitigate potential risks.
5. Communication With Other EntrepreneursTo prepare competitors and investors for the fact that a new product will soon enter the market, you must constantly be present in the circles of the same entrepreneurs and specialists in your niche. These can be forums, business accelerators, development programs, etc. This presence will help you learn about modern companies’ trends and digital technologies. It is a chance to meet industry experts and invite them to join your team. This experience will simplify the presentation preparation and introduce you to potential investors even before the launch of the MVP. Bringing the project to the market will be recognizable and get more responses than if you did not leave the office.
What Should Be a Good Presentation for InvestorsProperly presenting your startup is an essential skill for every aspiring entrepreneur. Through this skill, projects find investors, attract co-founders, select excellent staff, and, ultimately, bring their idea to perfection. A good idea presentation will include the following points:
- Startup name and logo.
- Problems and solutions.
- Description of the value.
- Competitive advantage.
- Business model.
- Marketing plan.
- Analysis of competitors.
- Leadership and team.
- Financial forecasts and critical indicators.
- Current status: achievements, timeline, capital consumption.
Use a minimum of text support to present your project to potential investors to end with a successful deal. Instead, add specific numbers, product or service visuals, and infographics to your slides. Remember that information during the report must be structured and not overloaded with unnecessary details.
To stand out from other funding candidates, you need to collect all the relevant data regarding your business in advance and test the product or service with potential customers. It will show investors that you are committed to further development and scaling of the project, and with a high probability, you will be able to bring them the profit they are counting on.