Brushing your teeth is something so habitual most people don't really need to think about it. Perhaps some people give even less thought to how they squeeze the toothpaste out of the tube, yet this minute gesture can reveal a lot about your personality. Here's how.
1. Squeezing from the back and rolling to the frontThis methodical approach to squeezing toothpaste may reveal that you are a systematic and organized person. You probably have a way of thinking and behaving that is very step by step and well considered. Because this technique makes sure you get the most out of your tube, thus conserving resources, it also shows that you consider the longer-term consequences of your actions.
2. Squeezing from the middleWhile squeezing right in the middle certainly isn't as efficient and careful as starting from the bottom, it's perfectly practical and quick for getting your teeth brushed—and that reflects your personality. You're probably not the thriftiest or most organized person in the world, but that doesn't stop you from living life to the fullest, or getting the job done in a direct way.
3. Squeezing from the topIf you find yourself squeezing from the top of the tube, on one hand, you live by the seat of your pants. You may be more concerned about the immediate wants than the demands of tomorrow, and will take what you can get today without thinking of, or even at the expense of, the long term.
You may even be prone to "burning bridges" that you know will likely lead to regret in the future but are used to shrugging things off and tend to get away with things. You may also be impulsive and prone to knee-jerk responses based on emotional triggers.
4. Keeping the shape intactIf you squeeze out the toothpaste in such a way that the tube keeps its natural shape, then this shows that you are concerned with form and beauty. You're the kind of person who cares as much about appearances and aesthetics as practicality. This private concern might mean that you come across as very introverted and mysterious.
5. Squeezing from different places every timeIf you find yourself with a wrinkled tube that has been squeezed all over, that could indicate that you are an artistic and creative person, who embraces spontaneity and fears monotony. As a dreamer who is constantly imagining new realities and new worlds, the thought of doing something the same way every time just doesn't make sense.
Of course, your haphazard approach can indicate that you have difficulties with other people's much stricter notions of time and obligations. You might be perceived as flighty and unreliable by others who don't see the method to your madness.
We would love to hear your stories! You can share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org