The 56,000 square-foot store sells natural and organic foods, including locally sourced offerings from the borough and the tri-state area’s local artisans.
Whole Foods Market Third & 3rd (named after the store’s cross streets at 214 3rd Street), has an open market layout. It sells hundreds of locally sourced products, with 200 additional items specifically curated for the Brooklyn location.
On opening day, there was Frank Falcinelli’s cheese lasagna, available for a limited time.
Other special additions include:
– YUJI Ramen, celebrated ramen chef Yuji Haraguchi’s in-store take-out venue featuring five mazemen-style dishes.
– The Roof, an indoor/outdoor tap room and restaurant on the second floor offering a variety of local fare and 16 beers on tap.
– Juice Etc., a made-to-order juice bar, offering fresh-pressed fruit and veggie juices and smoothies.
– Knife sharpening services from Christopher Harth of NYCutlery and products including knives and specially-made Third & 3rd cutting boards.
– A vinyl venue featuring music as well as reclaimed vinyl jewelry and accessories from Wrecords by Monkey, a Brooklyn-based design and lifestyle brand.
Whole Foods announced at its Brooklyn opening that plans are in the works to open another location near Bryant Park, on Sixth Avenue between 41st and 42nd Streets, reported Grub Street.
Whole Foods Market Third & 3rd
214 3rd Street
Regular Hours: Monday–Sunday, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.
The Roof Hours: Monday–Sunday, 11 a.m.–11 p.m.