Carving a turkey on Thanksgiving can be an intimidating task. But if you follow the right method, you will never find it difficult. Here are seven easy steps to carve your turkey.
1. Start by cutting the legs from the body where the thigh meets the breast of the turkey.
2. Next, cut through the leg joint to separate the drumstick from the thigh.
3. Then, hold the drumstick in one hand, and slice the meat off the bone, if desired.
4. Cut thigh meat off the bone. Remember to angle your knife as you go along separating the thigh meat from the bone.
5. Then, carve the breast from the breastbone, and rib cage.
6. Once you have completed carving the breast, cut it crosswise into 1″ slices.
7. Next, cut the wing off the body where it meets the breast of the turkey. Make sure to repeat this step with the remaining breast, and wing.