This dip recipe is inspired by my husband’s favourite meat lover’s pizza. It is a hearty, three-meat, pizza-flavoured hot dish that is great for any occasion calling for dip.
Spicy Pizza-Style Dip
• 6 slices bacon
• 500 g (1 lb) mild pork sausage
• 15 ml (1 tbsp) pizza seasoning
• Dash salt and ground pepper
• 2 ml to 4 ml (1/2 to 1 tsp) red pepper (chili) flakes
• 411 g (14.5 oz) can tomatoes, diced
• 500 ml (2 cups) mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 250 ml (1 cup) mayonnaise
• 10 pepperoni slices
• Chips for dipping
Step 1: Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F). Cook bacon in skillet, cool, and dab off the grease.
Step 2: Cook pork in large skillet. Right before it is done, add seasoning, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes.
Step 3: In a pie-shaped baking dish, mix the pork, cheese, and mayo. Crumble two-thirds of the bacon and mix well into the mixture. Sprinkle the top with the remaining bacon bits. Slice nine of the pepperoni slices in half. Place the whole pepperoni slice in the centre of the mixture and arrange the remaining slices around it.
Step 4: Cook for 35 minutes or until bubbly and brown and the centre is hot. Serve hot with your favourite chips.
Follow Cat’s recipes and articles on Twitter @RecipeGirl007