Here is a very easy recipe for a delicious Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
– 7oz (200g) of butter
– 7oz (200g) of powdered sugar
– 7oz (200g) of white flour
– 5 eggs
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon of almond extract
– 1 packet of yeast
– 1 can of sliced pineapple
1. Prepare the cake batter:
- Melt the butter and integrate it with the sugar
- Incorporate one by one the eggs
- Add the sifted flour and the yeast
- Add the almond and vanilla extracts
- Add some of the pineapple juice from the can
2. Make a caramel:
- In a saucepan, melt some brown sugar and water to make caramel
- Bring to a boil
- In a cake pan (I use a springform pan), pour the caramel and then lay the slices of pineapple.
- Cover with the cake batter, making sure that no batter goes under the pineapple slices.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook for 35 to 50 minutes (check if the cake is cooked with a knife).