Baked mussels with cheese-mayo or mussels dynamite is so delicious. Easy recipe with cheese, mayonnaise, mussels and you’ll have the most amazing appetizer ever.Cheese, mayonnaise and seafood pair so well together and they are perfect match made in food heaven. These mussels are also called Mussels Dynamite and often served as an appetizer at Japanese restaurants or at Japanese seafood/sushi buffets. With the Labor Day weekend just a week away, you can serve this cheese-mayo baked mussels or mussel dynamite as an appetizer with your regular BBQ and meats. I am sure your guests would love you forever for pampering them with this utterly mouthwatering recipe.
- 12 green mussels
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce, for example: Sriracha
- 1 heaping teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tobiko fish roes
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Clean and rinse the mussels, pat dry with paper towels.
2. In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
3. Lay the mussels on a tray lined with baking sheet or aluminium foil, top each mussel with about 1/2 tablespoon of the cheese-mayo mixture.
(Courtesy of Rasa Malaysia)
4. Bake the mussels for 20 or so minutes or until the surface become golden brown. Remove from the oven, top with some tobiko fish roes and serve warm.