With its creamy filling, fresh fruit, and minimal sugar, this easy-to-make dessert is simply delicious.
Strawberries fresh from the field are best. Whenever possible, buy organic strawberries for the best flavour.
There are two versions of the recipe, one using white sugar and the other using stevia. Either way is delightful!
No-Fuss Strawberry-Banana Pie
Makes 8 slices
1 pre-made 30.5 cm (12-inch) pie crust, baked
500 g (1 lb) fresh organic strawberries, chopped
10 ml (2 tsp) white sugar or 1 to 2 (1/2 g) packets SweetLeaf Stevia
226 g (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
25 ml (2 tbsp) milk
25 ml (2 tbsp) sugar or 15 drops NuNaturals Pure Liquid Vanilla Stevia (see note)
5 ml (1 tsp) pure vanilla extract (omit if using liguid stevia)
1 medium banana, peeled
226 g (8 oz) whipped topping, softened
15 ml (1 tbsp) confectioners’ sugar
1. Bake crust to a light brown as per instructions on the package.
2. Wash strawberries, remove stem leaves, and cut into cubes.
3. Place strawberries in a medium bowl, sprinkle with sugar/SweetLeaf Stevia and toss until coated.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, whip cream cheese with electric mixer and, one item at a time, add the milk, sugar/liquid stevia, vanilla (omit if using stevia), banana (slice at this time) and whipped topping.
5. Spoon mixture over the crust.
6. Sift confectioners’ sugar over the cream cheese mixture.
7. Strain strawberries if juicy, and then top the pie with the strawberries.
8. Refrigerate for half an hour to set before eating.
Note: If unavailable, NuNaturals Pure Liquid Vanilla Stevia can be ordered from Iherb; http://ca.iherb.com/
Sugar recipe: Calories 154, Fat 8g, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbs 22g, Sugars 11g, Protein 1g
Stevia recipe: Calories 142, Fat 8g, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbs 18g, Sugars 8g, Protein 1g
Follow Cat’s recipes and articles on Twitter @RecipeGirl007