Here’s a fabulously healthy way to start the day when you really need some nourishment. Plus, your home will smell divine while this is cooking!
This recipe will supercharge your immune system and fulfill your craving for a warm, soothing breakfast, especially on a cold day. The amaranth and quinoa are high in protein and calcium, and the spices are antioxidant-rich.
Trust me, its as tasty as it looks and the kids will favour it over regular sugary and GMO filled cereals.
- Small pot
- ¼ cup each: dry amaranth and dry quinoa, washed well and drained
- 1 cup water
- 5 whole cardamom pods (preferably green)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Optional: 2 tablespoons raisins (or pitted, chopped dates)
- In a small cooking pot, bring the amaranth, quinoa, water, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla to a boil over high heat, stirring well.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the grains are tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the cardamom pods and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well and serve. Feel the power. Be it. Love it!
- A great morning meal with belly filling grains, and a nice mix of sweet and spice.
- Serves 1-2/GF/SF/30 minutes or less for preparation