[For the Crust]
140 g pitted dates
1-1/4 (112 g) cups rolled oats
1/2 (65 g) cup pecans
3 TBS (45 ml) coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
[For the filling]
1 cup (143 g) cashew, soaked
15-oz (425 g) pumpkin puree
1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut oil, melted
1 TBS maca powder
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
1. Preheat oven 350ºF (180ºC). Grease 9″ pie dish.
2. In a food processor combine oats, pecans, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until the mixture has crumbly texture. Add dates and oil, and process again. The mixture should stick together when pressed, otherwise add 1 tsp water and process again.
3. Place mixture on the pie dish. Starting from the center, press the crust mixture with your fingers, working your way outwards. WIth a fork, poke several holes in the crust. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until light brown. Set aside to cool.
1. Soak the cashews overnight, and then drain them the next day.
2. Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
**If your blender has a hard time blending, add 1 TBS almond milk.
3. Pour filling into the cooled crust and top with pecans. Cover, and freeze overnight.
Serve and enjoy!
For more recipes: http://bit.ly/1fYjMmB