Have you ever wondered what white chocolate is? Many, people expect white chocolate to be vanilla flavored chocolate. Marge Perry explains that white chocolate is not chocolate actually, it may gets its name because it is made with Cocoa butter, but it is not made with cocoa salt.
Enjoy, this rhubarb and white chocolate muffin recipe.
Rhubarb and White Chocolate Muffins
- 100 g of butter, at room temperature
- 100g ground almonds
- 150 g plain flour
- 150 g, rhubarb, chopped
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 50 ml of buttermilk
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of demerara sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped
1. Start by combining the sugar,cream, and butter together in a blender and blend it.
2. Next, add eggs, and almonds and beat it all together.
3. Then add some buttermilk, flour baking powder, and vanilla extract. Mix all of these well.
4. Throw in some chopped up rhubarb, and white chocolate. This is a really good combination of flavors as the rhubarb is tart, whereas the white chocolate is really sweet. Mix well all of these together.
5. Then, with the help of an ice cream scooper, scoop the batter into the muffin cases.
6. Finally, sprinkle all the muffins with some demerara sugar, and then pop it into the oven for 20-25 minutes at 200° C.
The muffins are golden brown in color and fresh from the oven. Enjoy with a cup of tea.
*Image of “white chocolate muffin” via shutterstock.