A perfect madeleine recipe for the fall season.
You can enjoy these pumpkin spice madeleines with some coffee or tea, and have a nice family afternoon. These madeleines can be made with a lot of different flavored batters too.
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ground clove
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3-4 tbsp powdered sugar
1. Start by adding two whole eggs in a medium size mixing bowl, then add some granulated sugar, whisk this for about 10- 15 minutes.
2. Once the egg mixture is all fluffy, add all spices like ground nutmeg, clove, all spice, pumpkin puree, and whisk this for about five minutes.
3. Then add some baking powder, little bit of salt, and continue to whisk until it is completely dissolved.
4. Next add some melted butter that is at room temperature, and then finish it with some all purpose flour. Make sure to mix this well until everything is incorporated and you have a very smooth batter.
5. After the batter has smoothened, add it to a piping bag, and make sure to refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.
6. While you wait for the batter to chill, you can start buttering your madeleine mould. Once the batter is ready, start by piping it into the moulds in the best way.
7. Once your done filling all the moulds, throw it a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
8. When the madeleines are done baking, you can pull them out of the oven. They should have a nice golden brown crust around the outside. Allow it to cool for at least ten minutes.
9. Finally, dust them with some powdered sugar. You can also dip them in chocolate, or you can frost them with all different kinds of creative frostings.