Soy milk has been gaining popularity due to its many health benefits. Nowadays, you can get soy milk at any regular grocery stores or Asian food stores. However, mass-produced soy milk are mostly made with non-organic and GMO soybeans, and preservatives are added. As more and more people are turning away from GMO ingredients and go for natural foods, many are wondering how to make soy milk at home.
In this video we’ll show you how you can make and enjoy the purest soy milk.
Soy milk recipe
1 cup soybeans
3 cups water
1. Soak the beans overnight. Or for a few hours in room temperature. The beans should increase in size and will split when you pinch them.
2. Drain the beans. Put them in blender with 2 cups of water. Blend until smooth.
3. Boil the remaining 1 cup of water.
4. Once the water is boiled, pour the soybean mixture and cook for about 3 – 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Strain out the milk with a cheesecloth, or a very fine strainer.
BE CAREFUL! HOT LIQUID!
***Raw soybeans are toxic to humans.***