This greek- style chicken stew is a flavorful comfort dish that is made with very simple ingredients.
- 2 medium chickens
- 1 bottle dry red wine
- 500 ml sunflower oil
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 kg white potato
- 1 bound of parsley
1. Start by cleaning the chicken pieces, and removing excess fat. Then pat dry with paper towels.
2. Next, heat some olive oil, and add chicken pieces to the pot.
3. Brown the chicken pieces (skin side down) over medium-high heat until nicely browned.
4. Then remove all chicken pieces in casserole.
5. Add red wine, cinnamon, salt and pepper to the chicken.
6. Cover and simmer for approximately 1.5 hours.
7. Next, peel the potatoes, and cut them into halves.
8. Roast the potatoes in sunflower oil until golden crisp.
9. Then, add the potatoes to the chicken, and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
10. Finally, serve with minced parsley.