Delicious Homemade Muesli
Muesli makes a good change from cooked oats, or store bought muesli which often have additives and preservatives. Besides, homemade always tastes better.
This recipe contains no animal products or by-products. Don’t worry if you don’t have all the organic ingredients. I choose organic for its quality, superior taste, and its longterm environmental sustainability. I recommend using almond milk with this recipe or water with freshly squeezed lemon juice also works well.
6 3/4 cups (600 grams) organic rolled oats
3 tbsp organic raw cold pressed virgin coconut oil
2 tbsp organic raw honey
3/4 cup+2 tbsp (200 ml) purified water
Flesh of 1 Thai coconut chopped (or ¾ cup shredded dried organic coconut)
3/4 cup organic raisins/saltanas
1/2 cup dried organic apricots
3/4 cup organic raw almonds
1/4 cup raw organic macadamia nuts
1 tbsp raw maca powder (If you don’t have it, just omit)
1 tsp organic powdered cinnamon
½ tsp organic powdered ginger
Pinch Himalayan sea salt
1. Turn oven to 390 Fahrenheit (200 Celsius)
2. Spread your oats out evenly in a large pan dish.
3. Chop into bite sized chunks: almonds, macadamias, apricots, and the coconut flesh.
4. In a pot, add water, coconut oil, honey, maca powder, cinnamon, and ginger and slowly bring to a boil stirring constantly. Turn off at boiling point.
5. Drizzle over the oats. Add the chopped coconut, almonds, and macadamias to the dish. Stir well.
6. Place in oven for 10 minutes. Take out and stir. Put back in oven for another 10 minutes and then turn the grill on and lightly roast the top of the muesli.
7. Once cooled a little, add the raisins and apricots, stir well.
Serve with fresh homemade almond milk.