This salad is super simple; it’s delicious served immediately, but also works really well the next day for lunch.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (white wine or cider)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 ounce dill, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1 (5-ounce) can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bread or toast, to serve
Start by making the dressing: whisk the mustard, vinegar, and oil together. Season, and then stir in the lemon zest, shallot, and dill.
In a separate bowl, mix the tuna, beans, and cucumber together, then pour over the dressing and toss lightly to combine. This is best served with a slice of bread or toast to mop up all the juices.
Recipe reprinted with permission from “Take One Can: 80 Delicious Meals From the Pantry,” by Lola Milne. Published by Kyle Books.